Provider Day Letter May 7, 2021
All year long your child care provider gives to your child and family from their heart. Friday, May 8th is a day to give back. Provider Appreciation Day is the national day of recognition for child care providers. This day was purposely selected to be celebrated annually on the Friday before Mother’s Day. It is a day to give a special “thank you” to providers for their dedication to this profession.
Parents with children in child care are encouraged to take this day to show their child care provider how much they appreciate her/him. It takes a very special person to work in this field and their contribution to the quality of family life frequently goes unnoticed. Do not let this day go by without a special thank you to this person who is so important to your child. It does not have to be an elaborate gift, nor do you have to spend a lot of time or money. A nice thank you card or a letter of appreciation from you and your child would mean the world to them.
A few suggestions for a special ‘thank you’ are:
- Get together with other parents to create a surprise
- Send flowers or a plant for the yard
- Bring lunch for the provider and children
- Buy learning materials or equipment for the play area
- Work with your child to create a special remembrance
- Provide a gift certificate for their hobby or special interest
- Gift card for a local restaurant, movie theater, or nail salon
- Sponsor provider to attend the FFCCHA conference in June
Florida Family Child Care Home Association Thanks You for taking the time to select a quality family child care environment for your child.
Lois Kendrick – FFCCHA President