Provider and Parent Resources
- Department of Children and Families (DCF) Provider search, Laws and requirements, Training, Director Credential and Gold Seal Information
- Division of Early Learning (DEL) formerly the Office of Early Learning (OEL) – Child Care Resource and Referral, Voluntary Pre-Kindergarten (VPK), Teacher Resources, Curriculum, Performance standards for VPK, Training, financial assistance for child care services.
- Child Care Aware How to find child care from your local Resource and Referral (RR) and Military Child Care help.
- National Providers Appreciation Day is a special day to recognize child care providers, teachers and other educators of young children everywhere.
Health and Safety Resources
- Florida Kid Care Health insurance for children from birth to 18 based on family income. Florida Kid Care in Spanish
- National Resource Center for Health and Safety in Child Care and Early Education All States licensing regulations, parent guide to choosing child care, A-Z child care info links, safety resource guides for out-of-home care.
- Florida Day Care Insurance (FDCI) is a Division of A Plus Insurance Agency located in Largo, FL. Our “3C” philosophy is built on Compliance, Coverage, and Customer Service. While insuring Florida’s In-Home and Commercial Child Care Centers, FDCI is committed to providing superior coverage at an affordable cost. Our unique policy options allow our child care providers to focus on their passion, while having the peace of mind that their business is covered from A-Z.
- REACH FOR THE STARS CONSULTING & TRAINING, LLC. – New Owner of the nationally recognized Second Helping and Cuatro Pasos Training (Spanish version of Second Helping), including the Train-the-Trainer program. Additionally, we administer the Master Provider Credential program and publish Getting It Right the First Time! leadership series. For more information about Second Helping and related Second Helping Trainings contact:
- Council for Professional Recognition & CDA The Council administers the Child Development Associate (CDA) National Credentialing Program.
- Gee Whiz Education…digital curriculum for the FCC provider The ultimate combination of a comprehensive, developmentally appropriate, easy-to-use, and economical curriculum, combined with on-line training Webinars. Approved in the State of Florida.
- Dr. Becky Bailey’s Loving Guidance Conscious Discipline® has been specifically designed to make changes in the lives of adults first. The adults, in turn, change the lives of children.
- Lisa Murphy’s Ooey Gooey Supports the creation of child-centered environments where children are actively engaged in real, meaningful experiences.
- Explorations Early Learning by Jeff Johnson Our primary focus is the promotion of child-directed and developmentally appropriate play in healthy emotional environments during the early years of life.
- Patricia Dischler Teaching the 3C’s: Creativity, Curiosity and Courtesy – Activities that Build a Foundation for Success. Patricia Dischler is a former family child care provider who writes books for providers.
- Redleaf Press is a leading nonprofit publisher of exceptional curriculum, management, and business resources for early childhood professionals.
Advocacy for Children
- FL Children’s Campaign is a cutting-edge and groundbreaking advocacy organization devoted to making children’s issues a legislative priority
- FL Children’s Week – One Voice for Children Improve our communities through events and outreach efforts aimed at promoting the health, safety and well-being of our children.
- Children’s Defense Fund CDF is the foremost national proponent of policies and programs that provide children with the resources they need to succeed.
- FL House of Representatives
Find your Representative
- The Florida Senate
Find your Senator
- The Children’s Movement of Florida The Movement is focused on making Florida’s children, especially in their early years, the No. 1 priority for state investment.