Provider and Parent Resources
- Florida Early Learning Disaster Relief – Designate your donation specifically to family child care homes in need to recover and heal after disasters.
- Department of Children and Families (DCF) Provider search, Laws and requirements, Training, Director Credential and Gold Seal Information
- Office of Early Learning (OEL) Childcare Resource and Referral, Voluntary Pre-Kindergarten (VPK), Teacher Resources, Curriculum, Performance standards for VPK, Training, Florida Kindergarten Readiness Screener (FLKRS), financial assistance for child care services and Early Learning Coalition Directory
- VPK Readiness Rate This site allows the public to access and compare the readiness rate of providers in their area.
- Child Care Aware How to find child care from your local Resource and Referral (RR) and Military Child Care help.
- National Providers Appreciation Day is a special day to recognize child care providers, teachers and other educators of young children everywhere.
Health and Safety Resources
- Florida Kid Care Health insurance for children from birth to 18 based on family income. Florida Kid Care in Spanish
- National Resource Center for Health and Safety in Child Care and Early Education All States licensing regulations, parent guide to choosing child care, A-Z child care info links, safety resource guides for out-of-home care.
- Florida Day Care Insurance (FDCI) is a Division of A Plus Insurance Agency located in Largo, FL. Our “3C” philosophy is built on Compliance, Coverage, and Customer Service. While insuring Florida’s In-Home and Commercial Child Care Centers, FDCI is committed to providing superior coverage at an affordable cost. Our unique policy options allow our child care providers to focus on their passion, while having the peace of mind that their business is covered from A-Z.
- Quality Check Inspections are comprehensive property inspections that address child safety standards, such as life safety, fire safety, playground safety, mold, lead, and poison control. We also offer recommendations to control water, moisture and humidity damage in order to prevent mold.
- Pathfinders Unlimited, Inc. Owners of the nationally recognized Second Helping and Cuatro Pasos Training (Spanish version of Second Helping), including the Train-the-Trainer program. Additionally, we administer the Master Provider Credential program and publish Getting It Right the First Time! leadership series. FL Certified Instructors
- Council for Professional Recognition & CDA The Council administers the Child Development Associate (CDA) National Credentialing Program.
- Gee Whiz Education…digital curriculum for the FCC provider The ultimate combination of a comprehensive, developmentally appropriate, easy-to-use, and economical curriculum, combined with on-line training Webinars. Approved in the State of Florida.
- Dr. Becky Bailey’s Loving Guidance Conscious Discipline® has been specifically designed to make changes in the lives of adults first. The adults, in turn, change the lives of children.
- Lisa Murphy’s Ooey Gooey Supports the creation of child-centered environments where children are actively engaged in real, meaningful experiences.
- Explorations Early Learning by Jeff Johnson Our primary focus is the promotion of child-directed and developmentally appropriate play in healthy emotional environments during the early years of life.
- Patricia Dischler Teaching the 3C’s: Creativity, Curiosity and Courtesy – Activities that Build a Foundation for Success. Patricia Dischler is a former family child care provider who writes books for providers.
- Redleaf Press is a leading nonprofit publisher of exceptional curriculum, management, and business resources for early childhood professionals.
Advocacy for Children