What is Family Child Care?
Family Child Care is a home-based service where child care is provided in the caregiver’s home. The home must be licensed or registered provider search tool according to county and state laws.
Family Child Care is the most preferred type of care for young children, especially infants and toddlers.
Many family child care homes provide high quality programs for preschoolers, school age, and children with special needs.
Family child care is “home-away-from-home” personalized professional child care.
What Family Child Care Offers…
- Convenient Neighborhood Care Close to home or work
- Cozy Homelike Environment Natural learning setting
- One Consistent Caregiver Stability all day, every day, for years…
- Low Provider to Child Ratio 1:4 infants, 1:6 preschool (or lower in some counties)
- Security: All household adults and subs have cleared FBI, state, and local background checks and meet specific training and home safety requirements
- Benefits of Mixed Ages Builds leadership skills, social skills, and self-esteem allows siblings to be cared for together
- Flexibility: Days & Hours, Evening, Weekend. Odd Hour Care
- Personal Communication Daily between provider & parent
- Family Support Nurtures family concepts, experiences and values
- Inclusion for a variety of special needs care
- Caring Relationships Between provider, child and parent/family
- School Readiness Skills Enrichment activities and educational learning experiences
- VPK –Voluntary Pre-Kindergarten Free pre-school education program preparing 4-year-olds to enter school ready and eager to learn! and with lower ratio of 1 teacher to 6 students in a family child care home
- Early Head Start Free early care for birth to three years
- Parent Membership Application Only $10 for parents to join FFCCHA – Join online now!
- Nominate your provider for a 2023 Parent Choice Award 2023 Premio Elegido por los Padres Deadline: March 17
- Parent Sponsor Photo Contest 2023 Photo Entry Form, 2023 Spanish Photo Entry Form Deadline: May 5, 2023 pay and submit photo online
- Provider Appreciation Day – May 12, 2023 – Letter to Parents