Family Child Care is the most preferred type of care for young children, especially infants and toddlers.
Many family child care homes provide high quality programs for preschoolers, school age, and children with special needs.
Family child care is “home-away-from-home” personalized professional child care.
- Convenient Neighborhood Care Close to home or work
- Cozy Homelike Environment Natural learning setting
- One Consistent Caregiver Stability all day, every day, for years…
- Low Provider to Child Ratio 1:4 infants, 1:6 preschool (or lower in some counties)
- Security: All household adults and subs have cleared FBI, state, and local background checks and meet specific training and home safety requirements
- Benefits of Mixed Ages Builds leadership skills, social skills, and self-esteem allows siblings to be cared for together
- Flexibility: Days & Hours, Evening, Weekend. Odd Hour Care
- Personal Communication Daily between provider & parent
- Family Support Nurtures family concepts, experiences and values
- Inclusion For a variety of special needs care
- Caring Relationships Between provider, child and parent/family
- School Readiness Skills Enrichment activities and educational learning experiences
- VPK –Voluntary Pre-Kindergarten Free pre-school education program preparing 4-year-olds to enter school ready and eager to learn!
- Early Head Start Free early care for birth to three years